Speedball Basic Rules
- The game begins with a kick-off
- When the ball is on the ground the game is played just like soccer
- When the ball is converted into the air the ball is played like ultimate Frisbee
- The ball must be converted into an aerial ball to play it in the air
- Aerial balls may be passed by players are not allowed to run with the ball
- All players are allowed to use their hands to play an aerial ball
- Teams may score by catching an aerial ball behind the end line like football, or by kicking a goal like in soccer
- Each team is composed of 11 players
- A kick-off begins the game and is used after a score
- Both teams line up on their side of the ball before the ball is kicked
- The team kicking off my start by kicking the ball backwards or forwards
Out of Bounds
- Throw-Ins- used to bring the ball back into play when it goes out over the sideline
- Corner kick or goal kick- used to bring the ball back into play when it goes out over the end line.
*Goal kick- is used when the offensive team puts the ball out of bounds over the end line.
*Corner kick- is used when the defensive team puts the ball out of bounds over the end line.
- Dribbling- a series of short, controlled kicks made with the inside or outside of the foot to move the ball down the field on the ground.
- Heading- contacting the ball with the head.
- Handball- when a player touches the ball with the hands or any part of the arm extended before it has been converted into an aerial ball.
- Traveling- a player runs with the ball while holding it in their hands without passing to a teammate.
- Trapping- stopping the progress of the ball with the foot or leg.
- Aerial Ball- a ball that has been lifted to yourself or a teammate by using feet, legs, or head. Once converted to air ball may be passed between teammates.
- Ground Ball- ball on the ground that is stationary, rolling, or bouncing. Must be played with the feet like soccer.
- Save- when the goalie plays the ball and prevents it from going into the goal.
- Drop Kick-a ball that is dropped to the ground first and then kicked.
- Punt- a ball that is dropped and kicked out of the air before it hits the ground.